Subject: Re: [PATCH net] net: phy: fix IRQ-based wake-on-lan over hibernate / power off

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 11:30:20 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 11:26:30 +0100 you wrote:
> Uwe reports:
> "Most PHYs signal WoL using an interrupt. So disabling interrupts [at
> shutdown] breaks WoL at least on PHYs covered by the marvell driver."
> 
> Discussing with Ioana, the problem which was trying to be solved was:
> "The board in question is a LS1021ATSN which has two AR8031 PHYs that
> share an interrupt line. In case only one of the PHYs is probed and
> there are pending interrupts on the PHY#2 an IRQ storm will happen
> since there is no entity to clear the interrupt from PHY#2's registers.
> PHY#1's driver will get stuck in .handle_interrupt() indefinitely."
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net] net: phy: fix IRQ-based wake-on-lan over hibernate / power off
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/cc941e548bff

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html