Subject: Re: [PATCH net] sfc: allocate a big enough SKB for loopback selftest packet

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 18:20:23 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 19:01:53 +0100 you wrote:
> From: Edward Cree <[email-masked]>
> 
> Cited commits passed a size to alloc_skb that was only big enough for
>  the actual packet contents, but the following skb_put + memcpy writes
>  the whole struct efx_loopback_payload including leading and trailing
>  padding bytes (which are then stripped off with skb_pull/skb_trim).
> This could cause an skb_over_panic, although in practice we get saved
>  by kmalloc_size_roundup.
> Pass the entire size we use, instead of the size of the final packet.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net] sfc: allocate a big enough SKB for loopback selftest packet
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/6dc5774deefe

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html