Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] tls: don't reset prot->aad_size and prot->tail_size for TLS_HW

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 17:20:23 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 16:00:55 +0200 you wrote:
> Prior to commit 1a074f7618e8 ("tls: also use init_prot_info in
> tls_set_device_offload"), setting TLS_HW on TX didn't touch
> prot->aad_size and prot->tail_size. They are set to 0 during context
> allocation (tls_prot_info is embedded in tls_context, kzalloc'd by
> tls_ctx_create).
> 
> When the RX key is configured, tls_set_sw_offload is called (for both
> TLS_SW and TLS_HW). If the TX key is configured in TLS_HW mode after
> the RX key has been installed, init_prot_info will now overwrite the
> correct values of aad_size and tail_size, breaking SW decryption and
> causing -EBADMSG errors to be returned to userspace.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] tls: don't reset prot->aad_size and prot->tail_size for TLS_HW
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/b7c4f5730a9f

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html