Subject: Re: [PATCH net v3 2/2] dt-bindings: net: updated interrupt type to be active low, level triggered

From: Nicolai Buchwitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2026 09:08:42 +0200

Hi Parthiban

On 4.6.2026 08:29, [email-masked] wrote:

> [...]

> One possible alternative could be to use a threaded IRQ handler with
> IRQF_ONESHOT, where the IRQ line is disabled until the handler
> completes, and sleeping is allowed. In that case, we could perform the
> SPI transfer in the threaded handler to send the data header and
> deassert the interrupt, while deferring the remaining work to a 
> separate
> kthread (the current SPI thread). However, I have not yet tried this
> implementation, so I cannot comment on its behavior or effectiveness
> without implementing and testing it.

AFAIK both ks8851 and adin1110 request the IRQ as IRQF_TRIGGER_LOW | 
IRQF_ONESHOT
with a NULL primary handler and do everything in the threaded handler. 
SO
looking at these two drivers might be worth the inspiration.

> [...]

REgards
Nicolai