Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v7 00/16] net: Make timestamping selectable

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 15:10:26 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 12:28:28 +0100 you wrote:
> Up until now, there was no way to let the user select the layer at
> which time stamping occurs. The stack assumed that PHY time stamping
> is always preferred, but some MAC/PHY combinations were buggy.
> 
> This series updates the default MAC/PHY default timestamping and aims to
> allow the user to select the desired layer administratively.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next,v7,01/16] net: Convert PHYs hwtstamp callback to use kernel_hwtstamp_config
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/446e2305827b
  - [net-next,v7,02/16] net: phy: Remove the call to phy_mii_ioctl in phy_hwstamp_get/set
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/430dc3256d57
  - [net-next,v7,03/16] net: ethtool: Refactor identical get_ts_info implementations.
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/b8768dc40777
  - [net-next,v7,04/16] net: macb: Convert to ndo_hwtstamp_get() and ndo_hwtstamp_set()
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/202cb220026e
  - [net-next,v7,05/16] net: Make dev_set_hwtstamp_phylib accessible
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/011dd3b3f83f
  - [net-next,v7,06/16] net: phy: micrel: fix ts_info value in case of no phc
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/915d25a9d69b
  - [net-next,v7,07/16] net_tstamp: Add TIMESTAMPING SOFTWARE and HARDWARE mask
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/acec05fb78ab
  - [net-next,v7,08/16] net: ethtool: Add a command to expose current time stamping layer
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/11d55be06df0
  - [net-next,v7,09/16] netlink: specs: Introduce new netlink command to get current timestamp
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/bb8645b00ced
  - [net-next,v7,10/16] net: ethtool: Add a command to list available time stamping layers
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/d905f9c75329
  - [net-next,v7,11/16] netlink: specs: Introduce new netlink command to list available time stamping layers
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/aed5004ee7a0
  - [net-next,v7,12/16] net: Replace hwtstamp_source by timestamping layer
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/51bdf3165f01
  - [net-next,v7,13/16] net: Change the API of PHY default timestamp to MAC
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/0f7f463d4821
  - [net-next,v7,14/16] net: ethtool: ts: Update GET_TS to reply the current selected timestamp
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/091fab122869
  - [net-next,v7,15/16] net: ethtool: ts: Let the active time stamping layer be selectable
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/152c75e1d002
  - [net-next,v7,16/16] netlink: specs: Introduce time stamping set command
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/ee60ea6be0d3

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html