Subject: Re: Help testing for USB ethernet/xHCI regression

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 21:46:27 +1100

When using the ax88179 connected via the via based card the whole system gets 
brought down after a while i got this my system log.

I'm going to take a break and see if I can narrow anything more down tomorrow. 
This log is in reverse because of the wonderful way journalctl works.

I suppose I could try using iommu=pt as a kernel boot parameter but that 
doesn't sound like a safe thing to do.

 Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel: [<ffffffffc11281a0>] xhci_msi_irq [xhci_hcd]
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel: handlers:
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  [<ffffffffa74f9ee6>] 
system_call_fastpath+0x1a/0x1f
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  [<ffffffffa715ef6a>] ? 
SyS_epoll_ctl+0x4fa/0xb00
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  <EOI>  [<ffffffffa715f181>] ? 
SyS_epoll_ctl+0x711/0xb00
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  [<ffffffffa74f982a>] common_interrupt+0x6a/0x6a
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  [<ffffffffa700445a>] do_IRQ+0x4a/0xf0
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  [<ffffffffa7004679>] handle_irq+0x19/0x30
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  [<ffffffffa708200f>] handle_edge_irq+0x6f/0x120
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  [<ffffffffa707f8b1>] handle_irq_event+0x31/0x50
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  [<ffffffffa707f802>] 
handle_irq_event_percpu+0xc2/0x140
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  [<ffffffffa7081b00>] note_interrupt+0xe0/0x1e0
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  [<ffffffffa708176d>] __report_bad_irq+0x2d/0xc0
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  <IRQ>  [<ffffffffa74efd3f>] 
dump_stack+0x45/0x56
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel: Call Trace:
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  0000000000000000 ffff88043edc3ed8 
ffffffffa7081b00 0000000000000000
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  ffff88043edc3e98 ffffffffa708176d 
ffff880425031b00 000000000000004d
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel:  ffff880425031b84 ffff88043edc3e70 
ffffffffa74efd3f ffff880425031b00
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel: Hardware name: To be filled by O.E.M. To be 
filled by O.E.M./M5A99FX PRO R2.0, BIOS 2201 11/22/2013
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel: CPU: 7 PID: 1160 Comm: Chrome_IOThread Not 
tainted 3.13.0+ #13
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel: irq event 77: bogus return value ffffff94
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:02:00.0: Host not halted after 
16000 microseconds.
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel: AMD-Vi: Event logged [IO_PAGE_FAULT 
device=02:00.0 domain=0x0019 address=0x00000000002b2000 flags=0x0000]
Jan 30 21:04:38 athas kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:02:00.0: WARNING: Host System 
Error

Regards,

Will Trives