Subject: Re: [PATCH net v3] net: micrel: Fix PTP frame parsing for lan8814

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 11:23:54 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 11:47:50 +0100 you wrote:
> The HW has the capability to check each frame if it is a PTP frame,
> which domain it is, which ptp frame type it is, different ip address in
> the frame. And if one of these checks fail then the frame is not
> timestamp. Most of these checks were disabled except checking the field
> minorVersionPTP inside the PTP header. Meaning that once a partner sends
> a frame compliant to 8021AS which has minorVersionPTP set to 1, then the
> frame was not timestamp because the HW expected by default a value of 0
> in minorVersionPTP. This is exactly the same issue as on lan8841.
> Fix this issue by removing this check so the userspace can decide on this.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,v3] net: micrel: Fix PTP frame parsing for lan8814
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/aaf632f7ab6d

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html