Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/6] gve: Alloc before freeing when changing config

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 01:50:26 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2024 18:26:26 +0000 you wrote:
> Functions allocating resources did so directly into priv thus far. The
> assumption doing that was that priv was not already holding references
> to live resources.
> 
> When ring configuration is changed in any way from userspace, thus far
> we relied on calling the ndo_stop and ndo_open callbacks in succession.
> This meant that we teardown existing resources and rob the OS of
> networking before we have successfully allocated resources for the new
> config.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next,1/6] gve: Define config structs for queue allocation
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/7cea48b9a4b2
  - [net-next,2/6] gve: Refactor napi add and remove functions
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/1dfc2e46117e
  - [net-next,3/6] gve: Switch to config-aware queue allocation
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/f13697cc7a19
  - [net-next,4/6] gve: Refactor gve_open and gve_close
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/92a6d7a4010c
  - [net-next,5/6] gve: Alloc before freeing when adjusting queues
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/5f08cd3d6423
  - [net-next,6/6] gve: Alloc before freeing when changing features
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/f3753771e7cc

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html