Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2 0/2] net: openvswitch: limit the recursions from action sets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 21:00:30 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Wed,  7 Feb 2024 08:24:14 -0500 you wrote:
> Open vSwitch module accepts actions as a list from the netlink socket
> and then creates a copy which it uses in the action set processing.
> During processing of the action list on a packet, the module keeps a
> count of the execution depth and exits processing if the action depth
> goes too high.
> 
> However, during netlink processing the recursion depth isn't checked
> anywhere, and the copy trusts that kernel has large enough stack to
> accommodate it.  The OVS sample action was the original action which
> could perform this kinds of recursion, and it originally checked that
> it didn't exceed the sample depth limit.  However, when sample became
> optimized to provide the clone() semantics, the recursion limit was
> dropped.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,v2,1/2] net: openvswitch: limit the number of recursions from action sets
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/6e2f90d31fe0
  - [net,v2,2/2] selftests: openvswitch: Add validation for the recursion test
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/bd128f62c365

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html