Subject: Re: [PATCH net] pppoe: Fix memory leak in pppoe_sendmsg()

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 16:00:30 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 09:01:50 +0000 you wrote:
> syzbot reports a memory leak in pppoe_sendmsg [1].
> 
> The problem is in the pppoe_recvmsg() function that handles errors
> in the wrong order. For the skb_recv_datagram() function, check
> the pointer to skb for NULL first, and then check the 'error' variable,
> because the skb_recv_datagram() function can set 'error'
> to -EAGAIN in a loop but return a correct pointer to socket buffer
> after a number of attempts, though 'error' remains set to -EAGAIN.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net] pppoe: Fix memory leak in pppoe_sendmsg()
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/dc34ebd5c018

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html