Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] sock: Use unsafe_memcpy() for sock_copy()

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 03:10:28 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Mon,  4 Mar 2024 13:29:31 -0800 you wrote:
> While testing for places where zero-sized destinations were still showing
> up in the kernel, sock_copy() and inet_reqsk_clone() were found, which
> are using very specific memcpy() offsets for both avoiding a portion of
> struct sock, and copying beyond the end of it (since struct sock is really
> just a common header before the protocol-specific allocation). Instead
> of trying to unravel this historical lack of container_of(), just switch
> to unsafe_memcpy(), since that's effectively what was happening already
> (memcpy() wasn't checking 0-sized destinations while the code base was
> being converted away from fake flexible arrays).
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v3] sock: Use unsafe_memcpy() for sock_copy()
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/ff73f8344e58

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html