Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] mpls: Do not orphan the skb

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 05:00:37 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Wed, 06 Mar 2024 10:11:17 -0800 you wrote:
> We observed that TCP-pacing was falling back to the TCP-layer pacing
> instead of utilizing sch_fq for the pacing. This causes significant
> CPU-usage due to the hrtimer running on a per-TCP-connection basis.
> 
> The issue is that mpls_xmit() calls skb_orphan() and thus sets
> skb->sk to NULL. Which implies that many of the goodies of TCP won't
> work. Pacing falls back to TCP-layer pacing. TCP Small Queues does not
> work, ...
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] mpls: Do not orphan the skb
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/8edbd3960150

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html