Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/8][pull request] ice: use less resources in switchdev

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 06:00:32 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Tony Nguyen <[email-masked]>:

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 13:26:08 -0700 you wrote:
> Michal Swiatkowski says:
> 
> Switchdev is using one queue per created port representor. This can
> quickly lead to Rx queue shortage, as with subfunction support user
> can create high number of PRs.
> 
> Save one MSI-X and 'number of PRs' * 1 queues.
> Refactor switchdev slow-path to use less resources (even no additional
> resources). Do this by removing control plane VSI and move its
> functionality to PF VSI. Even with current solution PF is acting like
> uplink and can't be used simultaneously for other use cases (adding
> filters can break slow-path).
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next,1/8] ice: remove eswitch changing queues algorithm
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/8c67b7a914cc
  - [net-next,2/8] ice: do Tx through PF netdev in slow-path
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/defd52455aee
  - [net-next,3/8] ice: default Tx rule instead of to queue
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/50d62022f455
  - [net-next,4/8] ice: control default Tx rule in lag
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/9cba6e1767bf
  - [net-next,5/8] ice: remove switchdev control plane VSI
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/33bf1e86231d
  - [net-next,6/8] ice: change repr::id values
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/6235cb6e5b0d
  - [net-next,7/8] ice: do switchdev slow-path Rx using PF VSI
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/44ba608db509
  - [net-next,8/8] ice: count representor stats
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/4498159a5093

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html