Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2] s390/ism: fix receive message buffer allocation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2024 11:00:27 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Fri,  5 Apr 2024 13:16:06 +0200 you wrote:
> Since [1], dma_alloc_coherent() does not accept requests for GFP_COMP
> anymore, even on archs that may be able to fulfill this. Functionality that
> relied on the receive buffer being a compound page broke at that point:
> The SMC-D protocol, that utilizes the ism device driver, passes receive
> buffers to the splice processor in a struct splice_pipe_desc with a
> single entry list of struct pages. As the buffer is no longer a compound
> page, the splice processor now rejects requests to handle more than a
> page worth of data.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,v2] s390/ism: fix receive message buffer allocation
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/58effa347653

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html