Subject: Re: [net,PATCH v3] net: ks8851: Queue RX packets in IRQ handler instead of disabling BHs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 May 2024 22:30:28 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Thu,  2 May 2024 20:32:59 +0200 you wrote:
> Currently the driver uses local_bh_disable()/local_bh_enable() in its
> IRQ handler to avoid triggering net_rx_action() softirq on exit from
> netif_rx(). The net_rx_action() could trigger this driver .start_xmit
> callback, which is protected by the same lock as the IRQ handler, so
> calling the .start_xmit from netif_rx() from the IRQ handler critical
> section protected by the lock could lead to an attempt to claim the
> already claimed lock, and a hang.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,v3] net: ks8851: Queue RX packets in IRQ handler instead of disabling BHs
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/e0863634bf9f

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html