Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 0/4] vmxnet3: upgrade to version 9

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2024 23:00:34 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Fri, 31 May 2024 12:30:45 -0700 you wrote:
> vmxnet3 emulation has recently added timestamping feature which allows the
> hypervisor (ESXi) to calculate latency from guest virtual NIC driver to all
> the way up to the physical NIC. This patch series extends vmxnet3 driver
> to leverage these new feature.
> 
> Compatibility is maintained using existing vmxnet3 versioning mechanism as
> follows:
> - new features added to vmxnet3 emulation are associated with new vmxnet3
>    version viz. vmxnet3 version 9.
> - emulation advertises all the versions it supports to the driver.
> - during initialization, vmxnet3 driver picks the highest version number
> supported by both the emulation and the driver and configures emulation
> to run at that version.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v2,net-next,1/4] vmxnet3: prepare for version 9 changes
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/4978478a6888
  - [v2,net-next,2/4] vmxnet3: add latency measurement support in vmxnet3
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/4c22fad70256
  - [v2,net-next,3/4] vmxnet3: add command to allow disabling of offloads
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/2e5010fd0c43
  - [v2,net-next,4/4] vmxnet3: update to version 9
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/63587234d42a

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html