Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2] net: stmmac: dwmac-qcom-ethqos: Configure host DMA width

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2024 15:00:31 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Wed, 5 Jun 2024 11:57:18 -0700 you wrote:
> Commit 070246e4674b ("net: stmmac: Fix for mismatched host/device DMA
> address width") added support in the stmmac driver for platform drivers
> to indicate the host DMA width, but left it up to authors of the
> specific platforms to indicate if their width differed from the addr64
> register read from the MAC itself.
> 
> Qualcomm's EMAC4 integration supports only up to 36 bit width (as
> opposed to the addr64 register indicating 40 bit width). Let's indicate
> that in the platform driver to avoid a scenario where the driver will
> allocate descriptors of size that is supported by the CPU which in our
> case is 36 bit, but as the addr64 register is still capable of 40 bits
> the device will use two descriptors as one address.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,v2] net: stmmac: dwmac-qcom-ethqos: Configure host DMA width
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/0579f2724904

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html