Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v5 0/7] net: pass receive socket to drop tracepoint

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 11:50:31 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Mon, 17 Jun 2024 11:09:00 -0700 you wrote:
> We set up our production packet drop monitoring around the kfree_skb
> tracepoint. While this tracepoint is extremely valuable for diagnosing
> critical problems, it also has some limitation with drops on the local
> receive path: this tracepoint can only inspect the dropped skb itself,
> but such skb might not carry enough information to:
> 
> 1. determine in which netns/container this skb gets dropped
> 2. determine by which socket/service this skb oughts to be received
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next,v5,1/7] net: add rx_sk to trace_kfree_skb
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/c53795d48ee8
  - [net-next,v5,2/7] net: introduce sk_skb_reason_drop function
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/ba8de796baf4
  - [net-next,v5,3/7] ping: use sk_skb_reason_drop to free rx packets
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/7467de17635f
  - [net-next,v5,4/7] net: raw: use sk_skb_reason_drop to free rx packets
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/ce9a2424e9da
  - [net-next,v5,5/7] tcp: use sk_skb_reason_drop to free rx packets
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/46a02aa35752
  - [net-next,v5,6/7] udp: use sk_skb_reason_drop to free rx packets
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/fc0cc9248843
  - [net-next,v5,7/7] af_packet: use sk_skb_reason_drop to free rx packets
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/e2e7d78d9a25

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html