Subject: Re: [PATCH net 0/2] fix OOM and order check in msg_zerocopy selftest

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2024 02:50:31 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Mon,  1 Jul 2024 22:53:47 +0000 you wrote:
> From: Zijian Zhang <[email-masked]>
> 
> In selftests/net/msg_zerocopy.c, it has a while loop keeps calling sendmsg
> on a socket with MSG_ZEROCOPY flag, and it will recv the notifications
> until the socket is not writable. Typically, it will start the receiving
> process after around 30+ sendmsgs. However, as the introduction of commit
> dfa2f0483360 ("tcp: get rid of sysctl_tcp_adv_win_scale"), the sender is
> always writable and does not get any chance to run recv notifications.
> The selftest always exits with OUT_OF_MEMORY because the memory used by
> opt_skb exceeds the net.core.optmem_max. Meanwhile, it could be set to a
> different value to trigger OOM on older kernels too.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,1/2] selftests: fix OOM in msg_zerocopy selftest
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/af2b7e5b741a
  - [net,2/2] selftests: make order checking verbose in msg_zerocopy selftest
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/7d6d8f0c8b70

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html