Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] net/ipv4/tcp_cong: Replace strncpy() with strscpy()

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2024 15:00:32 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Sat, 13 Jul 2024 21:11:15 -0700 you wrote:
> Replace the deprecated[1] uses of strncpy() in tcp_ca_get_name_by_key()
> and tcp_get_default_congestion_control(). The callers use the results as
> standard C strings (via nla_put_string() and proc handlers respectively),
> so trailing padding is not needed.
> 
> Since passing the destination buffer arguments decays it to a pointer,
> the size can't be trivially determined by the compiler. ca->name is
> the same length in both cases, so strscpy() won't fail (when ca->name
> is NUL-terminated). Include the length explicitly instead of using the
> 2-argument strscpy().
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v2] net/ipv4/tcp_cong: Replace strncpy() with strscpy()
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/a3bfc095060b

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html