Subject: Re: [PATCH net] ipv4: Fix incorrect source address in Record Route option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 09:10:30 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>:

On Thu, 18 Jul 2024 15:34:07 +0300 you wrote:
> The Record Route IP option records the addresses of the routers that
> routed the packet. In the case of forwarded packets, the kernel performs
> a route lookup via fib_lookup() and fills in the preferred source
> address of the matched route.
> 
> The lookup is performed with the DS field of the forwarded packet, but
> using the RT_TOS() macro which only masks one of the two ECN bits. If
> the packet is ECT(0) or CE, the matched route might be different than
> the route via which the packet was forwarded as the input path masks
> both of the ECN bits, resulting in the wrong address being filled in the
> Record Route option.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net] ipv4: Fix incorrect source address in Record Route option
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/cc73bbab4b1f

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html