Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: skbuff: Skip early return in skb_unref when debugging

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2024 09:30:37 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>:

On Mon, 29 Jul 2024 03:47:40 -0700 you wrote:
> This patch modifies the skb_unref function to skip the early return
> optimization when CONFIG_DEBUG_NET is enabled. The change ensures that
> the reference count decrement always occurs in debug builds, allowing
> for more thorough checking of SKB reference counting.
> 
> Previously, when the SKB's reference count was 1 and CONFIG_DEBUG_NET
> was not set, the function would return early after a memory barrier
> (smp_rmb()) without decrementing the reference count. This optimization
> assumes it's safe to proceed with freeing the SKB without the overhead
> of an atomic decrement from 1 to 0.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] net: skbuff: Skip early return in skb_unref when debugging
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/c9c0ee5f20c5

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html