Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] net: remove IFF_* re-definition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2024 23:30:44 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Thu,  1 Aug 2024 09:34:01 -0700 you wrote:
> We re-define values of enum netdev_priv_flags as preprocessor
> macros with the same name. I guess this was done to avoid breaking
> out of tree modules which may use #ifdef X for kernel compatibility?
> Commit 7aa98047df95 ("net: move net_device priv_flags out from UAPI")
> which added the enum doesn't say. In any case, the flags with defines
> are quite old now, and defines for new flags don't get added.
> OOT drivers have to resort to code greps for compat detection, anyway.
> Let's delete these defines, save LoC, help LXR link to the right place.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] net: remove IFF_* re-definition
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/49675f5bdf9a

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html