Subject: Re: [PATCH net] gve: Fix use of netif_carrier_ok()

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2024 00:00:32 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Thu,  1 Aug 2024 13:56:19 -0700 you wrote:
> GVE driver wrongly relies on netif_carrier_ok() to check the
> interface administrative state when resources are being
> allocated/deallocated for queue(s). netif_carrier_ok() needs
> to be replaced with netif_running() for all such cases.
> 
> Administrative state is the result of "ip link set dev <dev>
> up/down". It reflects whether the administrator wants to use
> the device for traffic and the corresponding resources have
> been allocated.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net] gve: Fix use of netif_carrier_ok()
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/fba917b169be

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html