Subject: Re: [PATCH net] net: dqs: Do not use extern for unused dql_group

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2024 20:10:31 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Mon,  2 Sep 2024 03:17:30 -0700 you wrote:
> When CONFIG_DQL is not enabled, dql_group should be treated as a dead
> declaration. However, its current extern declaration assumes the linker
> will ignore it, which is generally true across most compiler and
> architecture combinations.
> 
> But in certain cases, the linker still attempts to resolve the extern
> struct, even when the associated code is dead, resulting in a linking
> error. For instance the following error in loongarch64:
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net] net: dqs: Do not use extern for unused dql_group
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/77461c108191

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html