Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] improve multicast join group performance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2024 12:00:34 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by David S. Miller <[email-masked]>:

On Mon, 07 Oct 2024 16:17:10 +0200 you wrote:
> This series seeks to improve performance on updating igmp group
> memberships such as with IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP or MCAST_JOIN_SOURCE_GROUP.
> 
> Our use case was to add 2000 multicast memberships on a TQMLS1046A which
> took about 3.6 seconds for the membership additions alone. Our userspace
> reproducer tool was instrumented to log runtimes of the individual
> setsockopt invocations which clearly indicated quadratic complexity of
> setting up the membership with regard to the total number of multicast
> groups to be joined. We used perf to locate the hotspots and
> subsequently optimized the most costly sections of code.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [1/2] net: ipv4: igmp: optimize ____ip_mc_inc_group() using mc_hash
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/69a3272d787c
  - [2/2] net: dpaa: use __dev_mc_sync in dpaa_set_rx_mode()
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/298f70b37144

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html