Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 net-next] rndis_host: Flag RNDIS modems as WWAN devices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2025 18:50:34 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Tue, 25 Mar 2025 10:58:41 +0100 you wrote:
> Set FLAG_WWAN instead of FLAG_ETHERNET for RNDIS interfaces on Mobile
> Broadband Modems, as opposed to regular Ethernet adapters.
> 
> Otherwise NetworkManager gets confused, misjudges the device type,
> and wouldn't know it should connect a modem to get the device to work.
> What would be the result depends on ModemManager version -- older
> ModemManager would end up disconnecting a device after an unsuccessful
> probe attempt (if it connected without needing to unlock a SIM), while
> a newer one might spawn a separate PPP connection over a tty interface
> instead, resulting in a general confusion and no end of chaos.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v3,net-next] rndis_host: Flag RNDIS modems as WWAN devices
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/67d1a8956d2d

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html