Subject: [PATCH 1/2] net: mana: Refactor GF stats to use global mana_context

From: Erni Sri Satya Vennela <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2025 20:58:17 -0700

Refactor mana_query_gf_stats() to use mana_context instead of per-port,
enabling single query for all VFs. Isolate hardware counter stats by
introducing mana_ethtool_hc_stats in mana_context and update the code
to ensure all stats are properly reported via ethtool -S <interface>,
maintaining consistency with previous behavior.

Signed-off-by: Erni Sri Satya Vennela <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Haiyang Zhang <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c | 67 ++++++++-------
 .../ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_ethtool.c    | 85 ++++++++++---------
 include/net/mana/mana.h                       | 14 +--
 3 files changed, 90 insertions(+), 76 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c
index f4fc86f20213..787644229897 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c
@@ -2779,11 +2779,12 @@ int mana_config_rss(struct mana_port_context *apc, enum TRI_STATE rx,
 	return 0;
 }
 
-void mana_query_gf_stats(struct mana_port_context *apc)
+void mana_query_gf_stats(struct mana_context *ac)
 {
 	struct mana_query_gf_stat_resp resp = {};
 	struct mana_query_gf_stat_req req = {};
-	struct net_device *ndev = apc->ndev;
+	struct gdma_context *gc = ac->gdma_dev->gdma_context;
+	struct device *dev = gc->dev;
 	int err;
 
 	mana_gd_init_req_hdr(&req.hdr, MANA_QUERY_GF_STAT,
@@ -2817,52 +2818,52 @@ void mana_query_gf_stats(struct mana_port_context *apc)
 			STATISTICS_FLAGS_HC_TX_BCAST_BYTES |
 			STATISTICS_FLAGS_TX_ERRORS_GDMA_ERROR;
 
-	err = mana_send_request(apc->ac, &req, sizeof(req), &resp,
+	err = mana_send_request(ac, &req, sizeof(req), &resp,
 				sizeof(resp));
 	if (err) {
-		netdev_err(ndev, "Failed to query GF stats: %d\n", err);
+		dev_err(dev, "Failed to query GF stats: %d\n", err);
 		return;
 	}
 	err = mana_verify_resp_hdr(&resp.hdr, MANA_QUERY_GF_STAT,
 				   sizeof(resp));
 	if (err || resp.hdr.status) {
-		netdev_err(ndev, "Failed to query GF stats: %d, 0x%x\n", err,
-			   resp.hdr.status);
+		dev_err(dev, "Failed to query GF stats: %d, 0x%x\n", err,
+			resp.hdr.status);
 		return;
 	}
 
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_rx_discards_no_wqe = resp.rx_discards_nowqe;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_rx_err_vport_disabled = resp.rx_err_vport_disabled;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_rx_bytes = resp.hc_rx_bytes;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_rx_ucast_pkts = resp.hc_rx_ucast_pkts;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_rx_ucast_bytes = resp.hc_rx_ucast_bytes;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_rx_bcast_pkts = resp.hc_rx_bcast_pkts;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_rx_bcast_bytes = resp.hc_rx_bcast_bytes;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_rx_mcast_pkts = resp.hc_rx_mcast_pkts;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_rx_mcast_bytes = resp.hc_rx_mcast_bytes;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_err_gf_disabled = resp.tx_err_gf_disabled;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_err_vport_disabled = resp.tx_err_vport_disabled;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_err_inval_vportoffset_pkt =
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_rx_discards_no_wqe = resp.rx_discards_nowqe;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_rx_err_vport_disabled = resp.rx_err_vport_disabled;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_rx_bytes = resp.hc_rx_bytes;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_rx_ucast_pkts = resp.hc_rx_ucast_pkts;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_rx_ucast_bytes = resp.hc_rx_ucast_bytes;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_rx_bcast_pkts = resp.hc_rx_bcast_pkts;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_rx_bcast_bytes = resp.hc_rx_bcast_bytes;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_rx_mcast_pkts = resp.hc_rx_mcast_pkts;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_rx_mcast_bytes = resp.hc_rx_mcast_bytes;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_err_gf_disabled = resp.tx_err_gf_disabled;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_err_vport_disabled = resp.tx_err_vport_disabled;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_err_inval_vportoffset_pkt =
 					     resp.tx_err_inval_vport_offset_pkt;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_err_vlan_enforcement =
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_err_vlan_enforcement =
 					     resp.tx_err_vlan_enforcement;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_err_eth_type_enforcement =
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_err_eth_type_enforcement =
 					     resp.tx_err_ethtype_enforcement;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_err_sa_enforcement = resp.tx_err_SA_enforcement;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_err_sqpdid_enforcement =
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_err_sa_enforcement = resp.tx_err_SA_enforcement;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_err_sqpdid_enforcement =
 					     resp.tx_err_SQPDID_enforcement;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_err_cqpdid_enforcement =
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_err_cqpdid_enforcement =
 					     resp.tx_err_CQPDID_enforcement;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_err_mtu_violation = resp.tx_err_mtu_violation;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_err_inval_oob = resp.tx_err_inval_oob;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_bytes = resp.hc_tx_bytes;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_ucast_pkts = resp.hc_tx_ucast_pkts;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_ucast_bytes = resp.hc_tx_ucast_bytes;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_bcast_pkts = resp.hc_tx_bcast_pkts;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_bcast_bytes = resp.hc_tx_bcast_bytes;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_mcast_pkts = resp.hc_tx_mcast_pkts;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_mcast_bytes = resp.hc_tx_mcast_bytes;
-	apc->eth_stats.hc_tx_err_gdma = resp.tx_err_gdma;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_err_mtu_violation = resp.tx_err_mtu_violation;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_err_inval_oob = resp.tx_err_inval_oob;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_bytes = resp.hc_tx_bytes;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_ucast_pkts = resp.hc_tx_ucast_pkts;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_ucast_bytes = resp.hc_tx_ucast_bytes;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_bcast_pkts = resp.hc_tx_bcast_pkts;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_bcast_bytes = resp.hc_tx_bcast_bytes;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_mcast_pkts = resp.hc_tx_mcast_pkts;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_mcast_bytes = resp.hc_tx_mcast_bytes;
+	ac->hc_stats.hc_tx_err_gdma = resp.tx_err_gdma;
 }
 
 void mana_query_phy_stats(struct mana_port_context *apc)
diff --git a/drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_ethtool.c b/drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_ethtool.c
index a1afa75a9463..3dfd96146424 100644
--- a/drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_ethtool.c
+++ b/drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_ethtool.c
@@ -15,66 +15,69 @@ struct mana_stats_desc {
 static const struct mana_stats_desc mana_eth_stats[] = {
 	{"stop_queue", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats, stop_queue)},
 	{"wake_queue", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats, wake_queue)},
-	{"hc_rx_discards_no_wqe", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"tx_cq_err", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats, tx_cqe_err)},
+	{"tx_cqe_unknown_type", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+					tx_cqe_unknown_type)},
+	{"rx_coalesced_err", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+					rx_coalesced_err)},
+	{"rx_cqe_unknown_type", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+					rx_cqe_unknown_type)},
+};
+
+static const struct mana_stats_desc mana_hc_stats[] = {
+	{"hc_rx_discards_no_wqe", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					   hc_rx_discards_no_wqe)},
-	{"hc_rx_err_vport_disabled", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_rx_err_vport_disabled", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					      hc_rx_err_vport_disabled)},
-	{"hc_rx_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats, hc_rx_bytes)},
-	{"hc_rx_ucast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_rx_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats, hc_rx_bytes)},
+	{"hc_rx_ucast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 				      hc_rx_ucast_pkts)},
-	{"hc_rx_ucast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_rx_ucast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 				       hc_rx_ucast_bytes)},
-	{"hc_rx_bcast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_rx_bcast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 				      hc_rx_bcast_pkts)},
-	{"hc_rx_bcast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_rx_bcast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 				       hc_rx_bcast_bytes)},
-	{"hc_rx_mcast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
-			hc_rx_mcast_pkts)},
-	{"hc_rx_mcast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_rx_mcast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
+				      hc_rx_mcast_pkts)},
+	{"hc_rx_mcast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 				       hc_rx_mcast_bytes)},
-	{"hc_tx_err_gf_disabled", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_tx_err_gf_disabled", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					   hc_tx_err_gf_disabled)},
-	{"hc_tx_err_vport_disabled", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_tx_err_vport_disabled", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					      hc_tx_err_vport_disabled)},
 	{"hc_tx_err_inval_vportoffset_pkt",
-	 offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	 offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 		  hc_tx_err_inval_vportoffset_pkt)},
-	{"hc_tx_err_vlan_enforcement", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_tx_err_vlan_enforcement", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 						hc_tx_err_vlan_enforcement)},
 	{"hc_tx_err_eth_type_enforcement",
-	 offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats, hc_tx_err_eth_type_enforcement)},
-	{"hc_tx_err_sa_enforcement", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	 offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats, hc_tx_err_eth_type_enforcement)},
+	{"hc_tx_err_sa_enforcement", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					      hc_tx_err_sa_enforcement)},
 	{"hc_tx_err_sqpdid_enforcement",
-	 offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats, hc_tx_err_sqpdid_enforcement)},
+	 offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats, hc_tx_err_sqpdid_enforcement)},
 	{"hc_tx_err_cqpdid_enforcement",
-	 offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats, hc_tx_err_cqpdid_enforcement)},
-	{"hc_tx_err_mtu_violation", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	 offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats, hc_tx_err_cqpdid_enforcement)},
+	{"hc_tx_err_mtu_violation", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					     hc_tx_err_mtu_violation)},
-	{"hc_tx_err_inval_oob", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_tx_err_inval_oob", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					 hc_tx_err_inval_oob)},
-	{"hc_tx_err_gdma", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_tx_err_gdma", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 				    hc_tx_err_gdma)},
-	{"hc_tx_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats, hc_tx_bytes)},
-	{"hc_tx_ucast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_tx_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats, hc_tx_bytes)},
+	{"hc_tx_ucast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					hc_tx_ucast_pkts)},
-	{"hc_tx_ucast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_tx_ucast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					hc_tx_ucast_bytes)},
-	{"hc_tx_bcast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_tx_bcast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					hc_tx_bcast_pkts)},
-	{"hc_tx_bcast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_tx_bcast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					hc_tx_bcast_bytes)},
-	{"hc_tx_mcast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_tx_mcast_pkts", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					hc_tx_mcast_pkts)},
-	{"hc_tx_mcast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
+	{"hc_tx_mcast_bytes", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats,
 					hc_tx_mcast_bytes)},
-	{"tx_cq_err", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats, tx_cqe_err)},
-	{"tx_cqe_unknown_type", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
-					tx_cqe_unknown_type)},
-	{"rx_coalesced_err", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
-					rx_coalesced_err)},
-	{"rx_cqe_unknown_type", offsetof(struct mana_ethtool_stats,
-					rx_cqe_unknown_type)},
 };
 
 static const struct mana_stats_desc mana_phy_stats[] = {
@@ -138,7 +141,7 @@ static int mana_get_sset_count(struct net_device *ndev, int stringset)
 	if (stringset != ETH_SS_STATS)
 		return -EINVAL;
 
-	return ARRAY_SIZE(mana_eth_stats) + ARRAY_SIZE(mana_phy_stats) +
+	return ARRAY_SIZE(mana_eth_stats) + ARRAY_SIZE(mana_phy_stats) + ARRAY_SIZE(mana_hc_stats) +
 			num_queues * (MANA_STATS_RX_COUNT + MANA_STATS_TX_COUNT);
 }
 
@@ -150,10 +153,12 @@ static void mana_get_strings(struct net_device *ndev, u32 stringset, u8 *data)
 
 	if (stringset != ETH_SS_STATS)
 		return;
-
 	for (i = 0; i < ARRAY_SIZE(mana_eth_stats); i++)
 		ethtool_puts(&data, mana_eth_stats[i].name);
 
+	for (i = 0; i < ARRAY_SIZE(mana_hc_stats); i++)
+		ethtool_puts(&data, mana_hc_stats[i].name);
+
 	for (i = 0; i < ARRAY_SIZE(mana_phy_stats); i++)
 		ethtool_puts(&data, mana_phy_stats[i].name);
 
@@ -186,6 +191,7 @@ static void mana_get_ethtool_stats(struct net_device *ndev,
 	struct mana_port_context *apc = netdev_priv(ndev);
 	unsigned int num_queues = apc->num_queues;
 	void *eth_stats = &apc->eth_stats;
+	void *hc_stats = &apc->ac->hc_stats;
 	void *phy_stats = &apc->phy_stats;
 	struct mana_stats_rx *rx_stats;
 	struct mana_stats_tx *tx_stats;
@@ -208,7 +214,7 @@ static void mana_get_ethtool_stats(struct net_device *ndev,
 	if (!apc->port_is_up)
 		return;
 	/* we call mana function to update stats from GDMA */
-	mana_query_gf_stats(apc);
+	mana_query_gf_stats(apc->ac);
 
 	/* We call this mana function to get the phy stats from GDMA and includes
 	 * aggregate tx/rx drop counters, Per-TC(Traffic Channel) tx/rx and pause
@@ -219,6 +225,9 @@ static void mana_get_ethtool_stats(struct net_device *ndev,
 	for (q = 0; q < ARRAY_SIZE(mana_eth_stats); q++)
 		data[i++] = *(u64 *)(eth_stats + mana_eth_stats[q].offset);
 
+	for (q = 0; q < ARRAY_SIZE(mana_hc_stats); q++)
+		data[i++] = *(u64 *)(hc_stats + mana_hc_stats[q].offset);
+
 	for (q = 0; q < ARRAY_SIZE(mana_phy_stats); q++)
 		data[i++] = *(u64 *)(phy_stats + mana_phy_stats[q].offset);
 
diff --git a/include/net/mana/mana.h b/include/net/mana/mana.h
index 0921485565c0..519c4384c51f 100644
--- a/include/net/mana/mana.h
+++ b/include/net/mana/mana.h
@@ -375,6 +375,13 @@ struct mana_tx_qp {
 struct mana_ethtool_stats {
 	u64 stop_queue;
 	u64 wake_queue;
+	u64 tx_cqe_err;
+	u64 tx_cqe_unknown_type;
+	u64 rx_coalesced_err;
+	u64 rx_cqe_unknown_type;
+};
+
+struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats {
 	u64 hc_rx_discards_no_wqe;
 	u64 hc_rx_err_vport_disabled;
 	u64 hc_rx_bytes;
@@ -402,10 +409,6 @@ struct mana_ethtool_stats {
 	u64 hc_tx_mcast_pkts;
 	u64 hc_tx_mcast_bytes;
 	u64 hc_tx_err_gdma;
-	u64 tx_cqe_err;
-	u64 tx_cqe_unknown_type;
-	u64 rx_coalesced_err;
-	u64 rx_cqe_unknown_type;
 };
 
 struct mana_ethtool_phy_stats {
@@ -473,6 +476,7 @@ struct mana_context {
 	u16 num_ports;
 	u8 bm_hostmode;
 
+	struct mana_ethtool_hc_stats hc_stats;
 	struct mana_eq *eqs;
 	struct dentry *mana_eqs_debugfs;
 
@@ -573,7 +577,7 @@ u32 mana_run_xdp(struct net_device *ndev, struct mana_rxq *rxq,
 struct bpf_prog *mana_xdp_get(struct mana_port_context *apc);
 void mana_chn_setxdp(struct mana_port_context *apc, struct bpf_prog *prog);
 int mana_bpf(struct net_device *ndev, struct netdev_bpf *bpf);
-void mana_query_gf_stats(struct mana_port_context *apc);
+void mana_query_gf_stats(struct mana_context *ac);
 int mana_query_link_cfg(struct mana_port_context *apc);
 int mana_set_bw_clamp(struct mana_port_context *apc, u32 speed,
 		      int enable_clamping);
-- 
2.34.1