Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 00/14] net: stmmac: phylink PCS conversion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2025 00:40:32 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Thu, 16 Oct 2025 15:35:22 +0100 you wrote:
> This series is radical - it takes the brave step of ripping out much of
> the existing PCS support code and throwing it all away.
> 
> I have discussed the introduction of the STMMAC_FLAG_HAS_INTEGRATED_PCS
> flag with Bartosz Golaszewski, and the conclusion I came to is that
> this is to workaround the breakage that I've been going on about
> concerning the phylink conversion for the last five or six years.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next,v2,01/14] net: stmmac: remove broken PCS code
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/813882ae2275
  - [net-next,v2,02/14] net: stmmac: remove xstats.pcs_* members
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/14f74bc6dc69
  - [net-next,v2,03/14] net: stmmac: remove SGMII/RGMII/SMII interrupt handling
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/2e2c878a3141
  - [net-next,v2,04/14] net: stmmac: remove PCS "mode" pause handling
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/ebc5d656b78c
  - [net-next,v2,05/14] net: stmmac: remove unused PCS loopback support
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/19064a58bd3c
  - [net-next,v2,06/14] net: stmmac: remove hw->ps xxx_core_init() hardware setup
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/aa1b6775aef7
  - [net-next,v2,07/14] net: stmmac: remove RGMII "pcs" mode
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/70589b05a03e
  - [net-next,v2,08/14] net: stmmac: move reverse-"pcs" mode setup to stmmac_check_pcs_mode()
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/c7b0d7874de0
  - [net-next,v2,09/14] net: stmmac: simplify stmmac_check_pcs_mode()
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/412d5f32cb36
  - [net-next,v2,10/14] net: stmmac: hw->ps becomes hw->reverse_sgmii_enable
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/5d1e7621f869
  - [net-next,v2,11/14] net: stmmac: do not require snps,ps-speed for SGMII
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/5c61db08d9ae
  - [net-next,v2,12/14] net: stmmac: only call stmmac_pcs_ctrl_ane() for integrated SGMII PCS
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/045d7e5727c4
  - [net-next,v2,13/14] net: stmmac: provide PCS initialisation hook
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/237e54caeaef
  - [net-next,v2,14/14] net: stmmac: convert to phylink PCS support
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/2c81f3357136

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html