Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/6] Convert mlx5e and IPoIB to ndo_hwtstamp_get/set

From: Tariq Toukan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2025 12:25:04 +0200

Hi,

This series by Carolina migrates mlx5e and IPoIB to the
ndo_hwtstamp_get/set interface and removes legacy hardware timestamp
ioctl handling.  While doing so, it also cleans up naming and removes
redundant code.

No functional change in timestamp behavior.

Cleanup patches:
- net/mlx5e: Remove redundant tstamp pointer from channel structures
- net/mlx5e: Remove unnecessary tstamp local variable in mlx5i_complete_rx_cqe
- net/mlx5e: Rename hwstamp functions to hwtstamp
- net/mlx5e: Rename timestamp fields to hwtstamp_config

Add suppport in ipoib:
- IB/IPoIB: Add support for hwtstamp get/set ndos

Convert mlx5:
- net/mlx5e: Convert to new hwtstamp_get/set interface

Regards,
Tariq

Carolina Jubran (6):
  net/mlx5e: Remove redundant tstamp pointer from channel structures
  net/mlx5e: Remove unnecessary tstamp local variable in
    mlx5i_complete_rx_cqe
  net/mlx5e: Rename hwstamp functions to hwtstamp
  net/mlx5e: Rename timestamp fields to hwtstamp_config
  IB/IPoIB: Add support for hwtstamp get/set ndos
  net/mlx5e: Convert to new hwtstamp_get/set interface

 drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ipoib_main.c     | 29 ++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en.h  | 12 ++--
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/ptp.c  |  3 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/ptp.h  |  1 -
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/en/reporter_rx.c       |  3 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/trap.c |  3 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/trap.h |  1 -
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/txrx.h |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en/xdp.c  |  2 +-
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/en/xsk/setup.c         |  2 +-
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_ethtool.c  |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_main.c | 66 ++++++++++---------
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/en_rx.c   |  6 +-
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/ipoib/ipoib.c | 34 +++++-----
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/ipoib/ipoib.h |  6 +-
 .../mellanox/mlx5/core/ipoib/ipoib_vlan.c     |  9 +--
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/lib/clock.h   |  1 -
 17 files changed, 107 insertions(+), 75 deletions(-)

base-commit: 1bae0fd90077875b6c9c853245189032cbf019f7
-- 
2.31.1