Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2] strparser: Fix signed/unsigned mismatch bug

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2025 02:30:06 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Thu, 6 Nov 2025 16:28:33 -0600 you wrote:
> The `len` member of the sk_buff is an unsigned int. This is cast to
> `ssize_t` (a signed type) for the first sk_buff in the comparison,
> but not the second sk_buff. On 32-bit systems, this can result in
> an integer underflow for certain values because unsigned arithmetic
> is being used.
> 
> This appears to be an oversight: if the intention was to use unsigned
> arithmetic, then the first cast would have been omitted. The change
> ensures both len values are cast to `ssize_t`.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net,v2] strparser: Fix signed/unsigned mismatch bug
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/4da4e4bde1c4

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html