Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] tools: ynl: rework policy access to support recursion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2026 23:50:04 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Fri, 13 Mar 2026 16:20:47 -0700 you wrote:
> Donald points out that the current naive implementation using dicts
> breaks if policy is recursive (child nest uses policy idx already
> used by its parent).
> 
> Lean more into the NlPolicy class. This lets us "render" the policy
> on demand, when user accesses it. If someone wants to do an infinite
> walk that's on them :) Show policy info as attributes of the class
> and use dict format to descend into sub-policies for extra neatness.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] tools: ynl: rework policy access to support recursion
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/17a55ddb1956

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html