Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 net] vsock: fix buffer size clamping order

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2026 21:40:04 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Thu, 9 Apr 2026 18:34:12 +0200 you wrote:
> In vsock_update_buffer_size(), the buffer size was being clamped to the
> maximum first, and then to the minimum. If a user sets a minimum buffer
> size larger than the maximum, the minimum check overrides the maximum
> check, inverting the constraint.
> 
> This breaks the intended socket memory boundaries by allowing the
> vsk->buffer_size to grow beyond the configured vsk->buffer_max_size.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [v3,net] vsock: fix buffer size clamping order
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/d114bfdc9b76

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html