Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3 0/4] net: Fix protodown with macvlan

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 May 2026 00:20:12 +0000

Hello:

This series was applied to netdev/net-next.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Thu,  7 May 2026 13:59:02 +0300 you wrote:
> When protodown is enabled on a macvlan, two bugs cause the macvlan to
> incorrectly gain carrier:
> 
> 1. Toggling the lower device's carrier while protodown is enabled on the
> macvlan causes the macvlan to gain carrier, effectively bypassing the
> protodown mechanism.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next,v3,1/4] net: Set dev->proto_down before changing carrier state
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/04bb6595b55a
  - [net-next,v3,2/4] net: Do not turn on carrier when protodown is on
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/99f8efac7f99
  - [net-next,v3,3/4] net: Do not unconditionally turn on carrier when turning off protodown
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/9a9c0f5c6823
  - [net-next,v3,4/4] selftests: net: Add protodown tests
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net-next/c/c0375944d997

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html