Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] FDDI: defza: Sanitise the reset safety timer

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 May 2026 00:50:05 +0000

Hello:

This patch was applied to netdev/net.git (main)
by Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>:

On Sat, 9 May 2026 22:04:50 +0100 (BST) you wrote:
> The reset actions of the DEFZA adapters are exceedingly slow, taking up
> to 30 seconds to complete by the device spec and typically in the range
> of 10 seconds in reality, as required for the device RTOS to boot, still
> quite a lot.  Therefore a state machine is used that's interrupt driven,
> however a safety mechanism is required in case of adapter malfunction,
> so that if no state change interrupt has arrived in time, then the
> situation is taken care of.
> 
> [...]

Here is the summary with links:
  - [net-next] FDDI: defza: Sanitise the reset safety timer
    https://git.kernel.org/netdev/net/c/4694efc41641

You are awesome, thank you!
-- 
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/patchwork/pwbot.html