Subject: Re: [Pv-drivers] [PATCH 0/6] VSOCK for Linux upstreaming

From: Andy King <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 20:42:21 -0800 (PST)

Hi Dave,

> >> Instead, what I remember doing was deferring to the feedback these
> >> folks received, stating that ideas that the virtio people had
> >> mentioned should be considered instead.
> >> 
> >> http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=135301515818462&w=2
> > 
> > I believe Andy replied to Anthony's AF_VMCHANNEL post and the
> > differences between the proposed solutions.
> 
> I'd much rather see a hypervisor neutral solution than a hypervisor
> specific one which this certainly is.

We've addressed this with the latest patch series, which I sent earlier
today.  vSockets now has support for pluggable transports, of which VMCI
happens to be the first; all transport code is separated out into its
own module.  So the core is now hypervisor neutral.  Given that, would
you be willing to re-consider it, please?  If at all possible, we'd like
to make the current merge window.

Thanks so much!
- Andy