Subject: Another holiday tg3 release

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:52:37 -0500

Another holiday, another set of tg3 releases.

first, there is an official, production update of tg3, version 1.2a:
http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/tg3/tg3-1.2a/		(source code)
http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/tg3/tg3-1.2a/rpms/	(red hat rpms)

second, for people still having problems, there are three experimental
sets of rpms, to be tried in this order:
http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/tg3/tg3-1.2a/exp1-rpms/
http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/tg3/tg3-1.2a/exp2-rpms/
http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/tg3/tg3-1.2a/exp3-rpms/

experiment #1 - better irq mask/unmask for better speed and stability
		(test this!)
experiment #2 - ultra-safe version of #1, with less experimental stuff
experiment #3 - the riskiest of the bunch, but potentially faster

I would prefer that everyone who can try experiment #1, and back down to
experiment #2 if that doesn't work.

There is more information on the files in this directory in
http://people.redhat.com/jgarzik/tg3/tg3-1.2a/version-notes.txt

Disclaimer:  These are unofficial rpms created by myself.  They are not
officially released by Red Hat, so do not use them in production, etc.