Subject: Re: ipv6 stack seems to forget to send ACKs

From: Wichert Akkerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:52:11 +0100

Previously Maciej Soltysiak wrote:
> Is there a ip6 mangling router in your route to the icecast server?

Not to my knowledge. traceroute6 shows:

traceroute to ipv6.lkml.org (2001:968:1::2) from
3ffe:8280:10:1d0:290:27ff:fe2d:968c, 30 hops max, 16 byte packets
 1  thunder.wiggy.net (3ffe:8280:10:1d0:250:4ff:fe0b:dd79)  0.666 ms 0.22 ms  0.199 ms
 2  xs4all-29.ipv6.xs4all.nl (3ffe:8280:0:2001::58)  27.568 ms  28.012 ms  30.177 ms
 3  26.ge-0-2-0.xr1.pbw.xs4all.net (2001:888:0:3::1)  22.035 ms 19.528 ms  44.644 ms
 4  0.ge-0-3-0.xr1.sara.xs4all.net (2001:888:2:1::1)  19.519 ms 19.002 ms  21.974 ms
 5  fe-0-0-0.ams-core-01.network6.isp-services.nl (2001:7f8:1::a502:4875:1)  19.978 ms  30.278 ms  20.248 ms
 6  2001:968::2 (2001:968::2)  24.246 ms  24.083 ms  22.918 ms
 7  2001:968:1::2 (2001:968:1::2)  24.978 ms  23.866 ms  23.661 ms

thunder.wiggy.net is my Linux router running 2.4.19-pre5-ac3-freeswan196
currently. The second hop is a normal sit tunnel and all the other
hops are native ipv6 using Cisco and Juniper routers as far as I know.
If you want I can get a detailed list of the routers and the IOS/JunOS
versions they are running.

Wichert.

-- 
Wichert Akkerman <[email-masked]>           http://www.wiggy.net/
A random hacker