Subject: Re: Dump of TCP hang in established state

From: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:52:46 -0700 (PDT)

From: Nivedita Singhvi <[email-masked]>
   Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:50:08 -0700

   Martin Josefsson wrote:
   
   > I've just tested 2.5-bk and I can still reproduce it.
   > The wording of my mail might have been a bit wrong, I don't see complete
   > hangs, just ~2 minute stalls in ESTABLISHED state and then it continues
   > like nothing happened.
   > 
   
   This actually addresses a situation of memory corruption
   and illegal reference panics, correct?

It prevents TCP input from "reading" bogus memory when comparing
time_wait buckets to the saddr/sport/daddr/dport of an incoming
packet.

By bogus memory I mean it's some large offset from the base of the
struct tcp_tw_bucket structure, past it's end.