Subject: Re: Route cache performance under stress

From: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:06:56 -0700 (PDT)

From: Ralph Doncaster <[email-masked]>
   Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 23:18:45 -0400 (EDT)
   
   Even if my time was only worth $500/day, in the past year and a
   half I spent enough time working on Linux routers to buy a Cisco
   NPE-G1. :-(
   
Slapping different machines together and mucking with zebra
config files is not going to fix the kind of issues you are
talking about.  It is pure wasted effort.

Someone needs to apply brains to the code and improve the algorithms
and schemes we use.  So far I see approximately 1 person doing
something for every 1,000 guys complaining.  So shut your yap and
open up and editor and some algorithms books and papers. :)

If you stop using Linux right now, I won't cry nor will I lose sleep
tonight, I've never felt threatened by such things so I wouldn't
advise using them to coerce me into somehow "working harder". :)

See, I know the reasonable people will stick around and back me up as
I continue to improve the code.  Becuase I'm actually doing something
about the problems.