Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] nf-hipac v0.8 released

From: Folkert van Heusden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:03:13 +0200

Hi,

> nf-hipac is a drop-in replacement for the iptables packet filtering module.
> It implements a novel framework for packet classification which uses an
> advanced algorithm to reduce the number of memory lookups per packet.
> The module is ideal for environments where large rulesets and/or high
> bandwidth networks are involved. Its userspace tool, which is also called
> 'nf-hipac', is designed to be as compatible as possible to 'iptables -t
> filter'.

Looks great!
Any chance on a port to 2.5.x?

Greetings,

Folkert van Heusden

+-> www.vanheusden.com       [email-masked]       +31-6-41278122 <-+
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| UNIX sysop? Then give MultiTail ( http://www.vanheusden.com/multitail/ ) |
| a try, it brings monitoring logfiles (and such) to a different level!    |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+