Subject: Re: networking bugs and bugme.osdl.org

From: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:20:02 -0700 (PDT)

From: Alan Cox <[email-masked]>
   Date: 29 Jun 2003 00:15:38 +0100
   
   You might not care but some of us do. Capturing the data matters for
   lots of things. That you don't have the time to be the filter for that
   info for networking is also fine.
   
Alan, you really stretch yourself thin doing this stuff
all the time.

Now imagine if you invested this effort in educating people
and getting them to be better bug reporters, sending the
right info to the right place?

I think that, along with some actual development I actually miss
seeing you be able to do that, is a much better allocation of your
time and talents.

You're grovelling at the bottom of the barrel, it's time to start
skimming from the top instead.  Things that matters will come back, it
doesn't disappear.