Subject: Re: [[RFT] convert appletalk over to new protocol

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:20:11 -0300

Em Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 01:13:00PM -0700, Stephen Hemminger escreveu:
> This fixes appletalk ddp protocol to address a couple of issues:
> 	- routing code was holding a reference to device without doing ref counting.
> 	- packet interface was old style
> 	   - add shared buffer checks
> 	   - add pullup's where needed
> 	   - change checksum to handle fragmented sk_buff's
> 	- clean up comments to match above changes.
> 
> I don't have real appletalk test infrastructure, and given the checksum change it should
> be tested against real Apple hardware.  It does build, and loads/unloads fine.  I can
> bring up the netatalk stuff without problem but have nothing to talk to it.

I'll take a look, but I missed the sock_hold/put stuff from a first look, it
is OK by now when adding and removing from a lista of socks due to the hlist
conversion work, but needs to be done in routines that search a list of socks
and return a sock.

I do have a good Appletalk test bed, with m68k and ppc macs, but I'll only will
be able to test this next wednesday, as I'll be on a business trip starting
tomorrow.

Good work as far as I quickly glanced, will review it further and provide
comments, probably in the next days.

- Arnaldo