Subject: Re: [PATCH] consolidate skb delivery

From: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 03:40:03 -0700

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 00:11:28 -0700
"David S. Miller" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I would suggest we eliminate support for old style protocols
> now.  We can do that by making the ptype registry in net/core/dev.c
> fail if the thing being registered is old-style.
> 
> I'll code this up.

Ok, as it turns out, instead I converted all the old-style
protocols.  When things seemed really complex or hard to
convert easily I just put:

	nskb = skb_copy(skb, GFP_ATOMIC);
	if (!nskb)
		goto drop;
	kfree_skb(skb);
	skb = nskb;

at the top of the input handler.  The only instance that I did
this for actually was x25.