Subject: Re: [BK PATCHES] 2.6.x experimental net driver updates

From: Adrian Bunk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 02:31:45 +0100

Hi Jeff,

I got the following compile error when trying to compile e100 statically 
into a kernel using gcc 2.95:

<--  snip  -->

...
  CC      drivers/net/e100.o
drivers/net/e100.c:170: parse error before `int'
drivers/net/e100.c:170: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration 
of `module_param'
drivers/net/e100.c:170: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
drivers/net/e100.c:170: warning: data definition has no type or storage 
class
make[2]: *** [drivers/net/e100.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

<--  snip  -->

cu
Adrian

-- 

       "Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
        of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed