Subject: Re: major bonding bug?

From: Amir Noam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:45:14 +0200

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 06:31 pm, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> hmmm...
>
>
> It looks like a lot of code now depends on global variable
> "bond_mode".

Actually, this has always been the case in the bonding module.

> This looks very wrong...  bonding mode should be per-interface, not
> global to the entire driver.  What happens when a user wants
> BOND_MODE_ROUNDROBIN on bond0, and BOND_MODE_TLB on bond1?

We agree that it looks very wrong, and this is in fact one of the 
features we've been working on lately. It is not a trivial fix, 
since, as you've noted, a lot of the code depends on the bond 
settings being global. We plan to start releasing patches to address 
this issue very soon (probably even starting tomorrow).

-- 
Amir