Subject: Re: [PATCH] TCP acts like it is always out of memory.

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 22:32:25 -0300

Em Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 02:04:06PM -0700, David S. Miller escreveu:
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 13:37:38 -0700
> Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > Current 2.6.7 tree acts as if it is alway under memory pressure because
> > a recent change did a s/tcp_memory_pressure/tcp_prot.memory_pressure/.
> > The problem is tcp_prot.memory_pressure is a pointer, so it is always non-zero!
> > 
> > Rather than using *tcp_prot.memory_pressure, just go back to looking at
> > tcp_memory_pressure.
> 
> Hehe, applied thanks Stephen.

:-) Thanks Stephen for the fix, this was a leftover of the conversion of
the memory pressure members in struct proto to pointers, to cover the case
pointed out by David related to the ipv6_mapped functionality in the
1.1722.122.23 changeset, (i.e.  tcp_prot and tcpv6_prot having to share the
same accounting variables), I forgot to convert all places where the
tcp_prot.memory_pressure memory is used, the fix is exactly what I should
have done. Due to family health problems I was unable to promply fix this
thinko, so, again, thank you very much.

Best Regards,

- Arnaldo