Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix tcp_default_win_scale.

From: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:17:31 -0700

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:58:56 +0200
Jan-Benedict Glaw <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-07-06 11:47:41 -0700, Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
> wrote in message <[email-masked]>:
> 
> > I propose that the following that will avoid sending window scaling that
> > is big enough to break in these cases unless the tcp_rmem has been increased.
> > It will keep default configuration from blowing in a corrupt world.
> 
> I'm not sure if this is the right way to react. I'd think it's okay to
> give the user the possibility to scale the window so that it works with
> his b0rk3d firewall, but default behavior should be to do whatever the
> protocol dictates/allows.

I totally agree, and that's why the sysctl is there for people to
tweak as they desire.

Jan, any particular reason you removed so much stuff (in particular
[email-masked]) from the CC: list in your posting here?