Subject: Re: b44: add 47xx support

From: Pekka Pietikainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:11:28 +0300

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 11:35:30PM +0200, Florian Schirmer wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> Hi,
> 
> this patch adds support for the BCM47xx device to the b44 driver. Please 
> apply.
> 
> BTW what happened to the 1GB DMA fix? The SiliconBackplane cores _are_ limited 
> to a 1GB DMA window so we need to take that into account. Any reason why 
> those patches where dropped?
Hiya

Looks good (well, won't be able to test that it doesn't break 4401 until
next week :-) ).

As for the 1GB patch going in, I sure hope they would (perhaps in a cleaned
up state, it might be more pretty if I just unconditionally enabled the
workaround and had a b44_alloc_skb() that tries a normal dev_alloc_skb and if
that gives something over 1GB retry with GFP_DMA...

A situation where it breaks even without 4g4g would help in getting the
patch in :-)