Subject: RE: single process pppd for all PPP sessions? [Was [IPCOMP] Use per-cpu buffers]

From: "J Chapman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:18:39 +0100

Re: anyone think of doing a single process PPP daemon managing all 
PPP sessions?

Yes, although nothing started yet. Still working on OpenL2TP...
http://openl2tp.sf.net/

-James

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Herbert Xu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 10 September 2004 12:11
> To: David S. Miller
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [IPCOMP] Use per-cpu buffers
> 
[snip]

> On a totally orthogonal topic, has any body thought of doing a PPP
> daemon like the IPsec daemons? That is, have one process that manages
> all PPP sessions.  This could be useful for large L2TP servers and
> alike.
>